Christmas cantata attracts crowd of new visitors in Aaba Baptist Church in North Lebanon, Pastor Eli Wardan. The choir from Lebanon Baptist Church on the outskirts of Beirut, Pastor Edgard Traboulsi presented the cantata.
Capitalism and Bias at Work
Some enterprising capitalist (not related to Alexandria Occasion-Cortez) placed an add in Amazon for copies of my New Testament Bible History Handbook. The bargain price was $199.95 and he has several copies in case you want more than one copy. I can personally highly recommend the book. But not all would agree with my bias. The add attracted several reviews. One review was glowing with praise for the many resources found for each book of the New Tes- tament. But another reviewer was quite a bit less than complimentary. I will share some of his in- sights that perhaps you need to know about this missionary.
“Mr. Hester can’t seem to make up his mind about whether he wants to preach a sermon or share some academic thoughts. Thus, the book becomes hard to read. There is some valuable information to be found for sure, but it is so dryly written that it is scarcely worth the trouble
“The book is hard to read, bor- ing, preachy, insulting to educated people
“…made for…people who already are convinced of the Bible’s inspiration, authority, and in- errancy.”
“…Unscholarly…distasteful…because he be- lieves the Bible is the Word of God…calls everyone who disagrees with him a liberal Bible denier.”
Yes, I am not a scholar and have never claimed or thought myself to be.
Yes, I do believe that what the Bible says is so.
Yes, my book was written for Bible believers and not for critical “scholars.”
Yes, I do suggest that many of the so- called critical theories in the name of “academic scholarship” are motivated by a disbelief of the inspired revelation of the Bible.
Yes, I confess to not playing “footsie” with their academic gymnastics. Shame, shame!
Prayer and Praise Points
- Please continue to pray for the Arabic translation and publishing project of our New and Old Testament Bible History books. Hopefully, work will begin this month. The New Testament book only needs editing and publishing. The Old Testament book needs the full range of translation, editing and publishing.
- Pray for the coming ordination of our new pastor. There was a good feeling of unity when the church voted to proceed with the ordination. Our new pastor was a nine-year-old boy in 1977 when he cried for dad to let him come to our new Sydney church.
- During the difficult time of transition, God blessed the church financially for which we are very thankful. A strong missions program was sustained and we are in a good position now.
- Our missionary to Mauritius, Bro. Franker Serret, is in a Sydney hospital in critical condition with stage 4 cancer. Only a miracle can spare him.
- I have a heavy burden regarding a difficult reconciliation matter that needs to be resolved. Please pray.
- Pray for the Lord’s leadership in doing some promotions for the English and Spanish Bible History books. We now have them available online at http://www.MissionaryOutpost.com and on Amazon Kindle as well.
- Email: MissionaryOutpost@gmail.com